Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The "I hope I am not pregnant because I did what I am not supposed to do" feeling....

That is a horrible horrible feeling, when you are trying for a baby.  I supposed that is only part of the stress for TTC marathoners, isn't it?

Family life had been tough recently, and I had been ill. I had to take some drugs to relieve the symptoms and carry on working. The terrible thing was, I was so scared of taking just in case I was pregnant. So, I went to the pharmacy just to take buy a test kit (even though I think I knew I was not pregnant), and tested myself before allowing myself to swallow all those pills!

The price of test kits are what I called based on an extortionist strategy. How else can you explain why it is so expensive, and one brand would sell for a lot more than another by professing it is the most accurate thing? For goodness sake, all come with a good degree of accuracy - it is about how early you can test.  It is an extortion to make (nervous/excited/anxious/soon to be disappointed again) women pay so much. When I got home, I did a bit of ebaying and amazoning, and my goodness, I found a pack of Ultra Early Highly Sensitive 10miu Pregnancy Strip Tests (25 strips) for less than £5 ( compared to Clearblue Pregnancy Test kits which usually cost £5-10 a pop in the pharmacy.

For someone without a regular period, the promised of even 100% accuracy on the day the period is due means nothing to me.  It means I have to keep on testing, when I have to take medication.

No comments: