Tuesday, March 8, 2011

money

Having a moody day. Thinking about my options and realised many of them are impossible because I have not enough money, again. Feeling quite useless. At this age, to worry so much about money, is entirely my fault. When I was younger, I cried buckets, or rather bathtubs because of money. No money to attend nursery - that is my first memory, begging my mum to allow me to attend nurseries with the neighbouring kids.

At a later age, I used to cry even more. No money for books. No money for school trips. No hanging out with friends after school. There wasnt enough to spend on that mc Donalds cheese burger if I were to save to buy that dictionary. I used to hate myself for being so sensible. Sensibility should not have been part of my genes _ my parents are not! My friend's daughter is twenty years old, while I am still trying hard for my first child. She was seeing boys, while I locked myself up to study and aimed for scholarships. I had countless part time jobs. I survived, made it, although saddled with study loans and the obligation to make life slightly easier for my younger siblings. I remember telling myself to work extremely hard - my child will not cry buckets of tears like I did. And so I waited to have a child...

Even now, we still have to worry do much about money. After those massive study loans, there wasn't much left. Coming from backgrounds like ours, whatever we earn got sucked away easily. There is always a roof to repair, an appliance past its safe usage date. And then there is always a parasitic relative - I have been incensed about a couple who asked for money to pay for basic things for their children , and have the cheek to tell me I should not think about affordability when it comes to kids. Money will sort itself out...perhaps I get a better chance if they stop borrowing and start giving me back my money!

Argh... I just need to get this off my chest... will my kid have to worry about money like I did? It yes, I rather not have one! I don't know what I am talking about... just fed up

.

No comments: