Friday, February 29, 2008

My PCOS weight loss plan: Week 1- Lost 1 kg.

I found that I have lost 1 kg since last Saturday! I weight 86 kg today!

My progress report:
23rd Feb(Saturday): 87 kg
29th Feb(Friday): 86 kg

And I think these are the factors which helped me to lose weight:

Food:

breakfast: cereal + milk/yogurt + coffee
Lunch: cereal+ milk/yogurt + coffee OR soupy noodles/pasta with vege + egg
Dinner: usual amount. Try to stay away from processed food.

Exercise:
Average 1 hour of moderate activity per day
Include burst of activities whenever possible. Eg, 10 side lifts on each legs during toilet breaks.

Sleep:
I am really tired. I sleep a lot more than usual. Perhaps and hour or two more. I know I am more tired because of my dieting and exercise.

Plan: WRITE down!

1. What I ATE, and estimated calories:
I allocate

my self 10500 calories per week (1500kcal/day). It is amazing how scary this can be. One day, I overate my favourite cookies, and I could quickly see how much calories are left on average per day!

I don't worry about things where I am not sure of the calories eg vege, fruits etc. I just roughly estimate those based on info from internet. Instead, I focused on those things with come info on the label. These are the high calorie stuff.

2. What I DO-activities on a weekly chart.

It is immediately obvious when I did not do "anything" on a day, and have to catch up the following day.

3. BLOG- by blogging my progress.

Eg the weight loss of 1kg today, I feel like I have to report somewhere. I don't think anyone reads my blog, but if there is someone out there, I hope they leave comments and encouragements! Losing weight after I had PCOS had been extremely difficult. I hope that I succeed this time, and my experience will be useful to others.

I have been setting WEEKLY targets, and not daily ones. I find that I am less easily discouraged with weekly ones. There is always time to catch up (if I do less than targeted amount of exercise), or repent (if I ATE too much), before the next assessment date. Since we day starts and ends on a Sunday, my Saturday could be a repent and catch up day, and I could rest on Sunday after a potentially tiring Saturday.

On the other hand, if I do well, my Satturday will be a reward day. :)

No comments: