Monday, October 20, 2008

The Facebook monster: babies

Any kids yet?

No, not yet. I don't have any kids.

Why not?

haha.. I find it a big commitment

No, they are cute. Once you have kids of your own, you will not find them troublesome at all. You should really have some. You have been married for many years rite?

Oh, yes. I am one of the earliest to get married in class?

yeah! But now most of us have 1-2 kids alreay.

I know, it is obvious from my facebook "friends" page. All are photos of super lovely babies. I cant keep track of all the names and ages, and what they did last week.

So, when are you going to have one?

Don't know??? When I have one I will have one?

Dont wait too long! You know, we are at that age already! not many years left.

Yes, I know. No worries, I can always adopt.

wont be the same. Will not have your lovely genes. you are smart and nice haha.. pretty too.

Oh, thank you! YOu have not seen me for ages.. some of that may have changed.

haha. you have not uploaded photos on your profile.

haha.. won't want to disappoint you.


Am I alone in this? I am sure millions of childless couple face this. Damn. 

Can we ban people from uploading photos of their kids? Afterall, you must use your real name. So use your real photos (uhhuhh, not sure about this... my photos? ewww..)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not married yet but I would certainly understand how annoying that might be. I am preety young still 20 but was diagnosed at 18 with PCOS. Just found your blog in trying to 'tackle pcos'

Woman said...

Hi Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that you have to cope with PCOS at such a young age. On the positive side, being diagnosed young means you have plenty of chances to plan for things and take action.

I wished I had been diagnosed earlier. Sounds odd, but yes. I would then have known what will be in store and take actions earlier.

Cheers and have a merry christmas

CookiePuss said...

Glad i found your blog. i'm 38 and have been dealing with this for the past 24 years. It is a thief. I'm not sure how old you are, or if you *want* to have kids...but after years of giving up on the idea of having kids...i just found out i'm pregnant. not getting too excited, cause i know what the rate of miscarriage is for pcos women.

anyway, my take on pcos...i feel like i'm in a boxing ring with pcos. and it's not a 12 round match...it's just endless. Sometimes it beats the crap out of me, sometimes i get a few good punches in...sometimes i feel like i've been knocked out and my face is against the mat.

either way, thanks for blogging. it does help to read what others are going through.

Woman said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you, Cookiepuss.

Wish you a safe pregnancy and a smooth delivery! I am sure you are a champion - don't think many boxers can survive as many blows as we do, and come out smiling :D.

Always so happy to hear that my blog brings some comfort/whatever to other people with PCOS.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog. People are so insensitive and I know exactly what you mean.

Woman said...

HI Anonymous,

Thank you for leaving your comments.

I am trying to have a baby, and trying to bring myself to have the guts to actually ask for help.