Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How a PCOS patient like me lost 3 kg

It is 3 kg. Not a lot, but not a little too.

Going by the rule of thumb that a 5% weight loss would have made a difference, I done 2/3 of the initial weight loss target.

Here is what I think I did right to loose the weight:
  • Walk at least 3 km a day. On certain days, when the weather is good and I get off work early, I would aim to "walk till tired". Instead of getting on the bus or train, I try to aim to walk to the "next stop".. and the "next".. and the "next".  That means on some days, I walk about 3 km on my way back.
  • Soup it! I try to have soup for lunch, especially on those days which I know I could have an early dinner. A perfect weight lose day would be soup for lunch, walk as much as I could on the way home, eat dinner early, do yoga, and go to bed early!
What I did wrong!
  • Had light lunch and then at biscuits at "tea time" And when I had to go home late, I sometimes finished 5-6 biscuits before going home!!! That makes it about 540 calories just on biscuits! BAD!!!
  • giving in to "hunger" - those hunger generated by my NSAIDS for my pains. Those are really trying times! 

No comments: