Monday, October 26, 2009

Facing the truth - talking to doctor about infertility

I feel like the proverbial "fat and lazy woman" with PCOS.  I wanted to speak to my doctor about trying to conceive. I know my time is running out and I need help as soon as possible.


But alas! I have been delaying this for 3 weeks. I had a million excuses for not picking up the phone to make an appointment. This ranged from I did not feel too well, to being busy at work to the lamest of all - my doctor is probably busy dealing with that H1N1 virus aka swine flu.


Beneath all these excuses, I know the real reason is - because it is scary. It is equivalent to dragging yourself to the doctor with a white flag, a surrender. It means I am admitting I have failed and need help. Now that needs a bit of "pep" talk to myself.


But how did other women do it? DId they happily hopped or skipped over to their docs and declared "I am infertile. Help me!"???

No comments: