Monday, February 21, 2011

Restarting metformin

Confession, more than 10 days, and only 6 tablets taken.  Metformin had been quite impossible for the first few days, and I had to stop taking it for a few days. Then I started to take every other day, just 500 mg each time. Now that I am beginning to ease into it, I am hoping that this is the first week that I can take it every day!

No fun, if you ask me what I think about metformin. If you can, you might want to start it when you have a few days break from any work or social life. The bloating, toilet trips and errr farting just wont't do!

I still have this funny metallic taste in my mouth, which makes me feel like grabbing a nibble or having some juice to lessen it. Have been allowing myself these indulgences just to get through the first week or so. I know I better stop these or else I will put on more weight! Sigh... to cheer myself up, I can only think that gals like me are  most likely to survive in a famine. Those stick insects will be long gone before I loose a pound!

p/s If i ever have a kid, I let him/her read these one day. Kids these days view life too lightly. They should know what the hell mums go through to conceive and bring them to this world. 

No comments: