Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tick tock TICK TOCK...

Can you hear it? I can.

In case you are wondering whether I am becoming schizophrenic, NO, I am not.  I am merely hearing my own biological clock, TICKing away.  This year, will be my last logical chance, and here I am facing multiple problems:

  1. overweight - still not successful. My improvement is NO weight gain (yet) this winter. The past few winters added an average of 5 kg per season
  2. Where is my regular period?????
  3. Am I ovulating? AT all?
  4. PCOS - is still by "best friend"
I have not been not keen on "drastic" moves, preferring to lose weight and conceive naturally. However, after a few years of trying, that is clearly not happening. 

Time to wake up, and face the truth. And take action quick. It is time to negotiate and sharpen the elbows when it comes to dealing with my current GP.  Sigh.... the sad news is if I don't do things quick, i will soon have not only my age against me, but  the healthcare system. If my current GP has to pay for my fertility treatment, I can jolly well forget about it. 


2 comments:

Feliz4life said...

I think I can hear it but I am not sure if I am hearing yours or mine:) I just found out I have PCOS last year. After being depressed abou it for a year I am now trying to be proactive. I tried to lose weight. I ended up gaining:( Iam 31 now and I think I might try clomid.

Woman said...

Hi Feliz,

It is very depressing when I first found out about it too. Weight loss is a really difficult one - I struggle really hard with it. But we haven't got a choice, have we? We just have to stick to it and try out best to loose it. all the best