Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Metformin makes me look pregnant

.. not just pregnant, but very pregnant. In fact I look more pregnant that my 6 month pregnant colleague. The first day started off with really bad diarrhoea, and now I am still having this terrible bloating, and nausea.

I need to convince myself to stick to it. It is probably my best bet before starting other options.  Of all the treatments available, this is the one that works on insulin resistance, the root of the problem. Hopefully this will balance out the hormones and make weight loss possible.

I hear the loud "tick tock tick tock" and I know I have to "up my game".  I will have to bear with the lousy side effects. The most difficult part is telling people why I have diarrhoea and bloating, and getting the concerned look from my colleagues.  There is no way I can tell them I am on metformin and I hate evading the questions or telling some little lies there. Sigh....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been on Metformin for almost a year - and for me it works perfectly. No stomach problmes, but I loose weight when eating whatever I fancy! So try and stick to it - maybe it will help you to :)

Feliz4life said...

i hate pilss so it is so hard for me to take it:( hopefully it will kick in soon