Monday, December 5, 2011

Dukan Diet Day 3



for a woman who has PCOS is not that easy, especially in this wintry weather.

I crave for carbs!!!

The good Dr Dukan advised not to count calories, and to eat as much as we wanted, provided we stay within the "list" of permitted protein food.

One worry I had was the cost of diet. Proteins are not cheap, especially lean protein like chicken breast and fish.  Feeling the pain from the cost of salmon, I decided that this will be may chicken week.

Having butchered the whole chicken, I happily weighed (about 200 g each) and grilled the breasts with some Caribean spices for chicken ( yummy!!!) and ate the for both lunch and dinner.

Then, I had a nasty surprise.

Chicken breasts are not that innocent! That two breasts are at least about 80kcal.

Here is the nutritional value of the "healthy" chicken breasts. I am not sure if I like them very much....


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
1/2 breast, bone removed (110.0 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories
202
Calories from Fat
73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
8.2g
13%
Saturated Fat 
2.3g
11%
Polyunsaturated Fat 
1.7g
Monounsaturated Fat 
3.2g
Cholesterol
83mg
28%
Sodium
68mg
3%
Total Carbohydrates
0.0g
0%
Protein
30.1g
Vitamin A 2%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1%Iron 6%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet


LOOK AT THE FAT!!!!  There seems to be too much fat.  I was really upset and stared at the other 3 chicken I in the fridge! I can't have that much chicken - it will make me fat!


egg x2
160
yogurt 250 g
125
bran
20
cordial drinks
100
ham
100
1/2 roast chicken breast 110 gm
200
1.5 chicken breast
600
salmon 1/2
90
squids
80
sauces
100
coffee with milk
30
2 pieces crisps
30
2 pieces crabstick
52
tea with milk
25
agar plus ribena
15
Intake
1727


Hubby had been committing ultimate treachery since lunch. He had been watching with a whole bag of Walkers Sweet Chili Sensation.....................

Crunch... crunch... crunch....

Crunch crunch crunch...

I finally got really fed up and grab two pieces, put them in my mouth, and tried desperately to make them last.

There goes my determination, and that is only Day 3.But then again, I am quite proud that I stopped at 2 pieces. It could have been a lot worse.

Weight? I don't know. I tried not to weight in the first 3 days ( against the advice of Dr Dukan), in case nothing happens.  I think I can wait till the 4th day to see whether it paid off.

It is not that bad, I don't have any symptoms except carbo cravings. I even managed to make best use of the sunshine and walked about 1.5 hours slowly, covering enough distance to burn 300kcal!

No comments: