Thursday, December 1, 2011

Shall I start on this Dukan thing?

Yes, start it!

  1. Shown to be successful in producing results. Weight loss even in people who had found like difficult.
  2. Pretty reasonable - advocates lean protein. The "Attack" phase, where you can only eat protein last about 5-7 days, after which you can have vegetables again. 
  3. The attack phase brings about results quickly, producing and average of 4 - 7 pounds for a 5 days diet! that is about 2.5 to 3.5 kg! It usually takes me all summer of walking, dieting ( eating lots of green leafy salads -yuck) and walking to produce this before it disappears as soon as autumn starts and I cave it to a comfort food or two. 
  4. In the "cruise phase" , the weight loss is expected around 3 pounds a week to begin with, followed by 2 pounds a week. In 2 months, the total expected weight loss is about 20pounds, 10 kg! It is about 5 kg in 1 month. 
  5. The rate of weight loss is perfect. It means that I might drop a dress size by boxing day, go shopping, and update my wardrobe! I need fast weight loss, where i can replace the cloths, and have no turning back. 
  6. Low carb diet is good for people with metabolic syndrome! That should be good for the insulin resistance.
  7. Improves fertility? reduced insulin resistance, reduced weight should me increased fertility. I have also read that high protein is supposed to be good for the quality of eggs (blush)
  8. I actually like oat bran, and the oat bran omelette suggested by this diet.
No, this is crazy!
  1. Proteins? That is lean protein only. Not even beans. That is a lot of chicken and fish. To survive on chicken or fish for a week will make me catty or foxy, or both.
  2. $$$$$ Hmmm.. how much will it cost to fill myself up with mainly chicken and fish?
  3.  bad breadth - you will get this if you go on ketosis
  4. killing my kidneys?!! And lots to toilet runs - since you need to drink lots of water
  5. killing my liver?
  6. Constipation ...yuck
  7. Body ordour...yuck
  8. moodiness - due to lack of carb. some people feel light headed.
Hmmm.... 
1) protein is still better than salads, right?
2) $$$$ - i just checked to cost of IVF. If I can avoid paying for an IVF, that pays for enough chickens for years.
3) 3-7 - ok, lets be honest. When you are obese, you  get them all.
4) 8 - ok, if you are infertile, hairy, obese, dying to have sugar all the time, you still have it.

Verdict - giving it a try!!!

No comments: