Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dukan Diet Day 1


Day 1, I know will be a tough one, despite all the preparation in my Day 0

This is the day where I will make a big change in my lifestyle. How will my body react to this? 

I took the day off. I have heard from other women that cutting off carbohydrate = pulling out hair, and screaming at people.

NO one would want to see me like this at work!
Moreover, the office is full of Christmas goodies - minced pies, chocolates etc - you name it. There will also be lots of well meaning colleagues to warn me that high protein diets will kill my kidneys and livers. 

My fridge is full - chicken breast fillet, salmon, eggs, milk, and I was preparing to raid it to stay on course.

I had a lie in, and weighed myself right after the "morning toilet" 85.4 kg. I decided to have a set time for my "minimum" weight, and thought this would be the best time.

Had a breakfast of milk and coffee, and made a modified Dukan Galette using a dash of milk instead of quark. I found that really easy. Just beat the egg with the milk. Heat the non stick frying pan. Rub it with butter ( I am cheating!) and wipe off with kitchen towel. then just pour the mixture in, swirl for an even coating. Sprinkle with oat bran. I added some pepper and a dash of soya sauce for taste.

I like to fold mine, so I fold it twice. It is surprisingly yummy! I can eat it everyday! However, that does not seem to satisfy me and I fried another egg to keep myself happy. I decided to eat whenever I want.

After breakfast, I became engrossed with a book. However, by lunch time, I was craving for carbs! I had a salmon fillet, pan fried, but still eyed hubby's cookie jar. My home is now a danger zone! So I decided to give myself a treat and went for a massage. I felt so happy and contented after the massage and then I realised, I had a big cup of GINGER TEA, sweetened!  There is at least 2 tsp of sugar there, no wonder I was happy!

By late afternoon, my stomach was unhappy again, and I made myself a protein drink to replace my usual tea and biscuit ( I WANT MY BISCUITS and COOKIES!!!!!!)

I tried to sleep but could not. Whenever I close my eyes, I see this....
I "see" the cookie jar as soon as I close my eyes...

Managed to play some computer games to take my mind off biscuits & cookies, and made some agar agar with sweeteners. Loved my salmon for dinner, and I also had some soup made with Gallo organic stock cubes, an onion and a carrot and "fish balls" ( you can get this from Asian foodstores - protein /carb content almost identical to crabsticks recommended by Dukan, if you go for good quality fish balls, but they are more fun!). I had just a couple of fish balls with the broth and left the rest to hubby.

Still feeling ravenous, and dying to CHEW, I gobbled up ONE LITRE of agar agar cakes. Gosh. Thank goodness that these had no calories, apart from the 40 or so I added from the Ribena Light to get some taste and vitamin C.

By 10 pm, I was ready for bed. Hubby found me fast asleep on my tummy, after falling asleep while doing my "bum crunch".

I have kept a record of what I ate below...very pleased that I limited total calorie in take to 1200 and have 720 deficit!

Since 1 kg weight loss = 3500 kcal deficit, I will be able to lose 1 kg in 5 days if I keep it up!


week 1
2nd Dec
Calories
Milk + coffee
30
Egg
80
oat bran tbsp
30
Egg
80
salmon fillet 100gm
185
ginger tea
50
protein powder(1/2 scoop) n 100ml milk
100
salmon fillet
200
soup with fish ball
150
chicken breast
250
agar plus ribena
40

Intake
1195
20 minute walk
100
rmr 86 kg sedentry
1816

output
1916
Balance
-721
cumulative balance
-721 


No comments: